We run drop-in inclusive cycling sessions for disabled people and their families, carers or friends, from three bases in south London.
- Our qualified instructors, supported by fantastic volunteers, help participants try our cycles or get comfortable on the one that suits them, and offer ongoing support.
- Relatives, friends and carers are welcome to join the fun.
On your first visit…
- If you’ve not cycled with us before please arrive during the first half hour of the session to say hello and have an induction.
- If you’re a group of five or more please let us know in advance the sorts of cycles you’d like to try so we make sure they’re available: phone 020 7346 8482 or email.
Forms to read/download for your first visit:
- INDIVIDUAL CYCLISTS: Please download
and fill in the individual CYCLIST REGISTRATION form
- INDIVIDUAL CARERS/SUPPORTERS: Please download
and fill in the individual SUPPORTER REGISTRATION form; this will save time at our reception desk when you arrive.
- ORGANISATIONS: Please contact the office:email / 020 7346 8482
- INDIVIDUALS & ORGANISATIONS: Please download and read the Ground Rules.
Croydon Sports Arena (outdoors)
Albert Road, South Norwood SE25 4QL
07806 334 770
SUMMER CANCELLATIONS DUE TO SCHOOL SPORTS ACTIVITIES AT THE ARENA
Please note, sessions will not be held at Croydon Arena on the following dates:
May cancellations: 10th & 17th
June cancellations: 3rd, 4th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 18th, 21st & 28th
July cancellations: 1st, 8th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 19th & 29th
Replacement Sessions: We will be running a short session from 11am to 1pm at Herne Hill Velodrome (see details below) on Tuesdays: 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th June and 19th July.
Tuesdays 10am – 1pm
Fridays 11am – 1pm (great for group bookings)
Saturdays 10am – 12:30pm
Herne Hill Velodrome (outdoors)
Mondays 11am – 1:30pm (10:30am-12:30 during 1/2 term and school holidays)
We ride on the flat part of the track.
Ladywell Day Centre, Sports Hall (indoors)
Tuesdays 10:30am – 12:30pm (great for group bookings.)
If the weather is fine we also lead a ride through the park.
“You provide something we can’t do elsewhere. You provide equipment that all people across the impairments can use…a rare place people with multi-impairments can meet and mix.” Will
“I like the track because it is safe. I ride really fast because I want to cycle in the Special Olympics. I like seeing all my friends and trying out different bikes.” Kate
“ “I think this is a wonderful scheme for kids with special needs, where they can practise their cycling skills in a very safe place.” Jo, Harvey’s Mum
Advice and updates
For advice on getting to the venue from a nearby station or bus stop, or to check if the session is running in inclement weather, you can contact the team from 15 minutes before the start of the session:
Croydon Arena: 07806 334 770
Some sessions will be cancelled in Summer at the Arena due to school sports activities. (See cancellations on the left of the page)
Herne Hill Velodrome: 07578 746 448
Planned building works will commence at Herne Hill on Mon 18th April. So, expect some disruptions and access issues. Please be extra vigilant of works traffic on site, during the coming months.
Ladywell Centre: 07561 166 949
Sorry, we can’t respond to voicemail messages.
Need Help getting to Herne Hill?
If you want to cycle with us but find it difficult to get to Herne Hill please contact Valerie, our Community Engagement Officer: email@example.com
020 7346 8482
We try to keep prices affordable and good value, while using suitable venues, excellent staff and volunteers and a range of specialist cycles. It costs us £25 per head to provide these sessions, and we ask for a contribution towards this as below. We are always grateful to those who are able to make an additional donation to support our work.
- £5 per person per session (plus one friend/ carer/ relative cycles for free).
- £10 for a Group (one disabled cyclist with up to 3 friends and relatives).